Krepling is a no-code, frictionless commerce platform that empowers business owners to get online and build, launch and grow their business in the digital space.
We’re looking for an experienced Microsoft Database Administrator to join our expanding team to support both new and existing projects. As a Microsoft DBA, your typical duties will include managing Microsoft database configurations including installation, testing, maintenance, and upgrades; carrying out regular exercises to optimize the databases’ performance that supports the company’s applications; ensuring that all in-house customer database staging systems are updated; proactively monitor the production database systems; keeping up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
About the role
- Location: Remote (anywhere in Northern or Western Hemisphere)
As a Microsoft Database Administrator, you’ll:
- Manage Microsoft database configurations including installation, testing, maintenance, and upgrades and Azure deployments
- Optimize the databases’ performance that supports the company’s applications
- Write scripts to automate day-to-day tasks
- Efficiently troubleshoot performance issues and give recommendations for their resolution
- Ensure that all in-house staging systems are kept up-to-date using popular import and export techniques
- Plan and execute regular database backups in accordance with the organization’s disaster recovery plans and implement recovery procedures when necessary
- Proactively monitor and patching the production database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
- Install and test new versions of database products and keep up-to-date with the latest releases and related features
- Keep updated with database security features including encryption and key management techniques, in accordance with the Payment Card Industry standards
- Work out and plan system capacity based on the end-user volumes
- Perform database benchmark, stress, and performance exercises
- Contribute to the research and planning of scalable database systems.
That being said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Krepling, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer if you:
- Are preferably in possession of a university degree in computing and/or a Microsoft certified certification
- Are proficient in Microsoft Database Administration with at least two years of experience
- Are familiar with SQL
- Are experienced in the installation and administration of database installations on Unix/Linux and also Microsoft Windows environments.
- Have experience in using the multi-tenant architecture, data encryption, and performance tuning
- Have a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and IS applications including methods and techniques of business continuity and disaster recovery
- Can perform under pressure and potentially contribute to the team’s 247 on-call service
- Possess good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English
- Have strong organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives
- Are preferably be familiar with JIRA issue and project tracking systems and Confluence team collaboration software
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Krepling, our team is focused on creating an economic impact in the commerce hemisphere and is devoted to enabling leading brands and entrepreneurs to grow in a centralized space.
Our mission and brand
Our Krepling brand is unique and aims to be the leading all-inclusive commerce platform that centralizes the online brand-building experience for entrepreneurs, SaaS, small-business-owners, and enterprises across the globe. All without the technical knowledge required.
The Krepling brand is a strong reminder of our commitment to making digital commerce easy for everyone, and this is how the brand should be perceived – straightforward and all-inclusive. These principles should guide all forms of brand communication.
A successful brand is an emotional tie that binds stakeholders and customers alike, establishing an expectation of quality and consistency, and ultimately adding value that goes beyond service.
Our brand quality is strengthened by providing a unique, strong, and consistent visual language, therefore the guidelines provided here should be strictly adhered to in order to reflect the highest standards of quality in all our material.
- User-driven: We are building Krepling for the entrepreneur/customer. We develop, gather information, research, and gather feedback to build a platform that is first, last, and always for the user.
- Cost-driven: We aim to centralize a brand’s online experience without adding a weighted value to its startup costs. Our tools and technology equalize the competition in global markets and create independence amongst startups without harming them with added monthly fees.
- Innovating: We are built on ease of use and a user-friendly framework. As a team, we thrive on being curious, creating an open environment, and challenge directly so we can improve not only ourselves but also our product.
- Thriving: We are always seeking to do better and make the world of commerce a better place for organizations and consumers alike. We thrive on the like-minded ideas of our employees and the entrepreneurs we power.
- Creativity: We are a community of creativity. We thrive on inspiring and impacting the ideas of the businesses we power. Seeing ourselves as one community driven by creativity rather than a collection of individuals.
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the support they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Microsoft DBA, and as a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world of commerce, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying