Last updated on: January 12th 2020
1. Information from Businesses and Users
2. What Information Do We Collect From Users and Why?
We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and payment details (for example, your credit card information).
We use this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with advertising and marketing, and invoice you. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with the legal requirements.
We use this information to give you access to and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface easier to use. We also use this information to personalize the Services for you. Finally, we may use this information to provide you with advertising or marketing.
We collect personal information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during checkout.
We use this information to provide you with our Services and so that you can process orders and better serve your customers.
Where we need to verify your identity (for example, if there are concerns around identity theft, or if you call into support and we need to authenticate your account), we may request that you provide us with government-issued identification information.
We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making — for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for risk or fraud concerns.
We will also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
3. Website Visitors
Like most website operators, Krepling collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available such as:
- Browser Type
- Language Preference
- Referring Site
- Date & Time of each visitor request
- Pages You View
Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how
Krepling also collects potentially personal-identifying information like:
- Email address
- Personal website URL
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for logged in users
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for users placing an order
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for users leaving comments on our blog
- Krepling only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
4. Domain Registrations
When you purchase Domain Registration services for top-level domains (TLDs), as the domain registrar, we are required to collect the following personal information from you (collectively, “Personal Information”):
- Registrant Name
- Registrant Organization (where applicable)
- Registrant Address
- Registrant Email
- Registrant Fax (where applicable)
- Registrant Phone number
- Administrative Contact
- Administrative Contact Organization (where applicable)
- Administrative Contact Address
- Administrative Contact Email
- Administrative Contact Fax (where applicable)
- Administrative Contact Telephone Number
- Technical Contact
- Technical Contact Organization (where applicable)
- Technical Contact Address
- Technical Contact Email
- Technical Contact Fax (where applicable)
- Technical Contact Telephone Number
- Billing Contact
- Billing Contact Organization (where applicable)
- Billing Contact Address
- Billing Contact Email
- Billing Contact Fax (where applicable)
- Billing Contact Telephone Number
Our collection of Personal Information is necessary to comply with contractual obligations we have with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and with certain TLD registries (“Registries”) so that you can validly register your domain name. In addition to Personal Information, our contracts with some Registries may require us to collect other personal information for the registration of a TLD such as certain professional affiliations, identification or other qualifiers (“Additional Personal Information”).
5. How We Share Your Information
Krepling may share personal data with third parties in order to provide a better service.
- Third Party Providers – Krepling may share your information with third party providers that provide services on our behalf or resellers who provide Krepling Services. These companies may assist with marketing support, processing credit card payments, content delivery, email, providing sales leads, and customer support. Third party providers may only process personal information pursuant to
- Advertising – Based on the cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions – To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data – We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information with third party providers for research purposes relating to our Services.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. Krepling may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety – We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of Krepling in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent – Krepling may share your information without your consent.
6. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology
- Opting out: You can opt-out of targeted ads served via specific third party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page or the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use web beacons, software development kits, and other automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
7. Retaining Your Personal Information
In general, we keep your personal information throughout your relationship with us. For business owners, this means we will keep your information as long as you maintain a business on our platform. For affiliates, this means we will keep your information until you inform us that you wish to terminate your affiliate relationship with us. We purge personal information 90 days after receiving a user or affiliate deletion request. We also purge personal information from user businesses 90 days after two years of inactivity.
For our users’ customers, we generally process your information solely as a data processor on behalf of our users, and it is up to the user to determine how long they will store your information in our systems.
Krepling acts as a data processor on behalf of our users. Purposes include risk and fraud screening.
Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes such as to defend a contractual claim or for audit purposes and to comply with the law, except when we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you are a merchant, you terminate your account and your personal information is purged pursuant to our standard purge process.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
8. Sharing Your Personal Information To Third Parties
Krepling works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
Krepling will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than those described in this Section 8.
Krepling is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
9. What We Don’t Do With Your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide personal information to other companies (other than to specific Krepling users you are interacting with, or to third party apps or service providers being used by those users if you are a consumer, or Partners that you hire if you are a user) for the marketing of their own products or services.
- If you are a business owner using Krepling’s Services, we do not use the personal information we collect from you or your customers to independently contact or market to your customers. However, Krepling may contact or market to your customers if we obtain their information from another source, such as from the customers themselves.
99 Wall Street #1433
New York, NY 10005
© Copyright 2020 Krepling Inc. All rights reserved. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.